View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
fini

But then would that not be true of everyone? Are we not allowed to also work at tough questions, with others, to understand the "deeeep down truth" to "that kind of questioning"? Is it that we are excluded from sharing our conclusions about ourselves, our understandings with others? Our experiences?

oh yes, i very much think it's true for everyone. which is why i attempt to encourage people to dig deeper, keep looking, keep asking. if i didn't experience engaging with ????? as beneficial, i wouldn't be doing it so much
and yes, of course we share our conclusions about ourselves.no-one is excluded from that.
but i had understood you to be asking me to talk here about what i figured out about myself, and this thread has a specific topic, which, sigh, it seems only one or two people have understood in the way i mean it.

so my response to your previous post comes from thinking that in relation to this thread, or to any questions i might ask, whether i believe myself to be in charge, to have control, to be powerless, to be an alcoholic, to be no such thing but just have had a bad habit, to ....none of these things that i might have concluded about myself would pertain to me asking about the AVRT response i see to people who have done the impossible: relapsed after having a BP.

and no, i haven't changed my original topic. not one bit. GT did not capture what i'm asking.
and of course i want people to share. it's why i asked.

i didn't ask you to ignore the thread because i don't want to hear your thoughts, but because your post seemed to imply that i was constantly questioning other people and their methods and that it seemed unbalanced with what you perceived as a non-sharing of what i myself did/do or didn't do.hope that clears everything up.
except that i really do not know how to better explain what my OP is about.

double sigh.