View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Received

Originally Posted by fini View Post
my thinking is that the real value of that kind of questioning is in whatever each one finds out to be true for themselves.
so my conclusions about myself are entirely irrelevant to this thread, or to anyone else, really.

it was/is a matter of working at the tough questions for myself, luckily with others, to understand the "deeeep down truth" of who i am.
But then would that not be true of everyone? Are we not allowed to also work at tough questions, with others, to understand the "deeeep down truth" to "that kind of questioning"? Is it that we are excluded from sharing our conclusions about ourselves, our understandings with others? Our experiences?

You have posted numerous times on other threads about your need/desire to have a deeper understanding of others, " to understand how people see it" Should we (I) not be afforded the same opportunity without being told "if it doesn't suit you. please ignore"?

The topic of this thread seems to be changing which is not unusual on a message board such as this, in my experience. Originally it seemed to me you were questioning AVRT and how one should think, feel or respond to a relapse after making a BP. It now seems to have evolved into a statement about AVRT and the response to relapse is circular. I think G&T said it best, when they posted:

You earlier said the OP was about what is the correct AVRT response to relapse, and now you're saying it is to prove that response is circular.
I would like to think that we all are allowed to share equally rather then being told what may and may not be shared on a particular thread (as long as SR guidelines are followed) and again, not be told "if it doesn't suit you. please ignore". There are members on this board who's lives may very well depend on it.

ETA: I do very much appreciate you sharing your personal experience.