View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Making a big plan is part of the Addictive Voice Recognition Technique...so without being able to identify and separate from the AV (The R of AVRT), my big plan wouldn't really be a big plan.
I made a Big Plan for booze and drugs decades ago, and for sweets last June 7, right here on SR.

Because of my booze and drugs Big Plan I'm convinced that it is the Big Plan that rules over the distant future of a teetotaler's abstinence. The Beast is still there, and can be amazingly amorphous in pseudo-intellectual ways, but the habit is long broken and abstinence has itself become a habit - a reflex to refuse drinks.

I don't even have to think about whether the BP was a rational or irrational decision. I accepted long ago that I do not have the capacity to change it.

Because of my sweets Big Plan last year, I experienced how forceful the Big Plan was at assisting me in separating from my Beast. It was almost like using luminol and UV light on a bloody crime scene. The Beast's old desires glaringly popped out in contrast to my new ultimate promise. And I felt great that I made that irreversible move. It was a relief. And I know and love how it has changed my life for the better. I don't mind at all, but I do recognize IT, when I sip water at a table with others downing Death by Chocolate and Key Lime Pie. The missing something is all so trivial, now.