View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
oak

I need to get non-caffeinated soda and juice. I will be caffeine-free today. And I hope to be caffeine-free for the next month or so; I really do not know what I want long-term.

I did have caffeine last night, mostly to try to get rid of a migraine. It was not a withdrawal headache. I am ambivalent about having caffeine to lessen a migraine.

Part of my problem with caffeine is that I really want to drink caffeine once in a while, but moderating really has not worked for caffeine. I go a week or two without it, but then try moderating. And then fairly soon, I am drinking lots of soda everyday. Giving it up entirely might be easier than trying to drink it occasionally.

I mostly drink at restaurants (and I eat out once or twice a day). I have been eating more at home lately. I rarely have caffeine at home, so maybe focusing on eating at home is the easiest way to get off caffeine. And I eat way healthier at home!

It is amazing to me to see how good I am at not drinking alcohol even with strong cravings (maybe because I stopped early), but yet I struggle so much with sugar and caffeine.

My husband gave up caffeine years ago. It can be done.