Thread: Encouargement?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoloJohn

Encouargement?

Ok, well here goes. 1st about me. 58 yr old male, work construction, responsible, pay all bills on time etc., nothing special. Did I say this is hard for me? Anyway, wife developed a serious drinking problem some years ago, which has included alcohol overdoses (e.r. visits) seizures, dui's (3) the last being a felony, jail time(s), totaled cars, no job, (and more!)but you probably get the picture. Not to mention the financial disasters this has brought. She's left me numerous times, usually to family, (enablers), been through re-hab, and is currently gone again, (out of state w/ her son). Of course this is a very condensed version. I know its been rough for her with no driver's license, & no job. She states that its her fault and says she doesn't blame me. I know too most will say why do I even care, I should be glad. And in some ways I guess so. What I failed to mention is this is 33 year investment, not so easy, or quick to 'get over'.

I made the mistake of returning her call today, and now I'm paying for it emotionally. I'm also pretty certain she is borderline, or narcissistic, or an overlapping, plus alcohol. There also was a year or 2 addicted to Xanax, but that waned after re-hab. Anyway, she says things like, "you'll always be my husband, I love you", etc. When asked if our marriage is over:" probably".

There, of course is more to it, I hope some one can un-confuse me just a bit.
Ask me questions, tell me what I don't want to hear, or anything.
Oh, I asked her about her drinking today, and she said just in moderation, but still drinking. I know, I know, but go ahead anyway..........