View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
"Nice try, stupid".

Everything from the AV is rubbish...treat it accordingly. Into the bin it goes without so much as a backward glance.
Soberlicious - that was just more than brilliant! Great point! I'm just reading this and smiling. Thank you!!!

LifeRecovery - Technically I don't see it as coping with two addictions at the same time.

I didn't replace drinking with binge eating - it always went along with my drinking. And drinking triggered more eating because I lost control.

First I quit drinking because it was more dangerous. I'm 7.5 months sober now and I can cope with my non-drinking.

I actually didn't use a Big Plan of AVRT when quit wine.

I think that any addiction has the same nature, and we try to escape fear, numb pain, etc.

On my sobriety journey I've learnt to accept feeling instead of escaping them, hiding from pain and challenges.

And fighting binge eating is kind of natural progression. It's another stage of coping with stress, fears, anxiety, etc. without turning to "external comforting".

Taking out its roots of AV makes me stronger in terms of both sobriety and healthy eating.

I hope it all make sense) If not - feel free to ask)

See you all later.