View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SamerrasMama

Originally Posted by jstar View Post
I know that thought process so well with myself...problem for me is...I wouldn't just be kicking back having "some"....I'd be having A LOT. ..waking up tomorrow would be horrible, who knows what I would do or say after I got started drinking. ..but worst of all is that feeling that comes the next day, in the pit of my stomach. ..that Oh No, I did it again. ..it's just not worth it.

It is a holiday & yes, some people are probably drinking today...but a lot of people aren't. There is a world out there full of color, sunshine & happiness that is yours for the taking. When I don't drink, I'm not limited. I can go anywhere and do anything
You're SO right! I would start with buying just one regular-sized bottle- telling myself I'm just gonna be drinking slow and keeping a slight buzz. But I guarantee within 2 hours TOPS, the bottle would be gone and I'd be walking back to the store, b/c it would be too early to sober up and I'd just get a headache. Therefore, I'd end up ridiculous by the end of the day and right about 2am tonight, the panic attack sets in and my whole day back to work tomorrow is ruined.