View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
oak

blueray- I can quit now. That makes me nervous! But postponing the quitting date will not make it easier to quit. Lately, I drink caffeine (soda) everyday, but in the past I have quit for a week or so at a time. I have gotten nasty withdrawal headaches in the past. But I have had a migraine for the past few days, so maybe any withdrawal headache will just blend into that. (And I hope that quitting will lessen or end the migraines in the long run.)

When I do quit for more than a few days, I feel so awake and energized in the morning, because I slept well and do not have withdrawal symptoms. My body feels so much calmer also.

I do agree with what you wrote about figuring out what we are trying to get from caffeine (or whatever addiction) and finding other ways to meet that need.

I can totally relate to the lift in mood and energy with caffeine. In the short run, it is fantastic. It is sad to drug myself in an attempt to get more things done or feel a different way. (And it seems the same as poisoning myself with alcohol so that I will be more social at a party so that people will like me or drinking alone in order to suppress an emotion.)

When are you quitting? Are there any reasons you want to drink caffeine again, or is this final? I like the idea of quitting with someone else.