View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

AVRT Pharisees?

as i read your post, it sounds not really any different from the AA-thing that goes a bit like "well, you drank again because you didn't work the program right",

AVRT Pharisees? Or just me giving in to the AV?

I 'SHOULD' have been able to make a decision with my 'Big Plan', and simply NEVER drink again. Glad it worked for you. If I could have done that I wouldn't have called it an ADDICTION. But for someone who 'quit forever after their 1-time Big Plan', either you are AVRT blessed, or maybe you decided it was time to stop drinking, and did not actually have as strong of an addiction?

I posted because I am struggling with this addiction, and I am committed to being free from the addiction. I am working at keeping with this and not just giving up to the AV thoughts that maybe it just didn't work. However, being told that maybe I just didn't do it as good as someone who was able to quit immediately when they FIRST made their Big Plan, only comes across as condemnation from an AVRT Pharisee. It sounded like I am being branded with the Scarlet Letters of 'AA Thinker'....be banned and shamed.

So, maybe I am just listening to my AV, or maybe some of the 'First Quitters' actually are here to pump themselves up over their 'Perfect AVRT' status. Point is, that did not help me in getting free from the addiction, it just pushes me a little farther into isolation.

However, as I stated in my original post, 'I' am working through this, and I do have to get up, walk upright, and continue the Trek out of the addiction and into Sobriety. So, if my post reminded someone of how 'Good' they are at AVRT, I am happy you got that.

If this post seems out of line, or mis-represented towards anyone, I apologize. I am sober while writing this, and I am just trying to work through this damned addiction, and I sincerely appreciation the feedback I get, including the 'get-tough' comments.