View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
blueray

[QUOTE=Threshold;398

Most people recommend tapering when it comes to caffeine, but you would know from your previous experiences whether a taper will work for you, or if you need to go cold turkey and sweat out the headaches, irritability and drowsiness of withdrawal.

bottom line, as with any addiction is once we get clean to figure out what was going on there...if you were only using caffeine for a physical energy burst...then what healthy ways can you meet the same end?

If there was a psychological aspect, what's going on there? how to address it, etc.

There are usually many ways to meet a need, and figuring out a healthy alternative is what ultimately breaks the craving. This is not the same as switching addictions.

what is it you get from caffeine that you are craving?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the post threshold.
Yes it is the energy boost and the instant lifting of my mood. and the taste. when i have caffeine i wake up feeling low and a cup of tea instantly lifts the low. Actually it is the withdrwal symptoms it is lifting.
I tried replacing with yoga stretching and breathing excercises and herbal tea. But i always relapse.