Thread: 30 days sober!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Knudsen

The most important thing I did was to eat real food in the morning - for example eggs, some meat, an avocado. It was a big difference in energy. When I occasionally had bread or similar, I would get really tired in and hour or two.

Besides, when I went paleo, I suddenly got the worst hangovers. Almost couldnt drink anything (redwine/vodka was my choice). I believe alcohol is broken down into sugars, and for some reason when I didnt eat sugars/corn something went wrong. Of course I experimented a bit, and found that there was no problems with white rum...

Based on my experiences I would say many people are dependent on sugar/carbohydrates, I know I was. But after a couple of weeks without them you no longer crave them all the time, it feels great! And energy levels get much more constant. My goal is to get rid of this dependency too :-)

I'm thinking about trying a whole30 - a month on very restrictive paleo, after which you reintroduce the often problematic stuff, and see exactly what it does to the body, and what YOU should avoid. People have fantastic results with it. Takes some time planning and cooking, but hey I got lots of it now :-)

Edit: sorry for derailing a bit...