Thread: 30 days sober!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheRestorative
New beginnings are the best!

30 days sober!

I've hit the 30 day mark for the first time in years! I'm feeling wonderful, and have had no desire to drink at all. In this last month, I've taken control of my life and I wouldn't trade it for a drunk night ever again. I'm eating healthy, sleeping through the night, practicing yoga/meditation, spending quality time with my family and friends, and brainstorming ways to start a business. I know it all sounds pretty ambitious and probably like insanity for month #1, but I'm just really excited. I think it's also a reaction to how much time has been lost to drinking and wasting my life away, that I want to make up for it as quickly as possible. Everyday, I start my day with fresh juice from my juicer, and positive affirmations. When negative thoughts come, I quickly observe them as negative and not helpful, and I cast them off with a visualization of them flowing down a river, being boxed up and shipped out at the post office, or breathed out with every exhale. Visualizing/meditating is helping very much. I can't do this alone, but I don't feel drawn to AA groups or the Big Book, personally. I know that many would frown on this, but I honestly feel like I am my biggest supporter and giver of love and compassion. So much so that I don't feel like I need others, although I will never turn down a word of encouragement or someone's input. Always with a grain of salt though. Some well intentioned people are just nutsy to me! And we all think that because we've been problem drinkers that we have it all figured out, and we can then tell everyone how to quit and stay quit. It's just not that way. I have a system that is working for me, and I'm working it all on my own. At the end of the day, I'm left with me anyway...... :-)

Much love to you all. I hope those struggling will find some hope in this post. Anything's possible! Give yourself the time and patience, and I can tell you... it's SO worth it!! <3

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to my American friends!