Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
shooter50

New Here

I am new here and just wanted to say hello. I will give a little of my information. I am 29 years old and have kind of known I have had a problem since I was in my early 20's even though I wouldn't be honest with myself about it. I started drinking in my early teens by stealing it from family. My wife has left me and taken my daughter. I am getting in trouble at work and I am starting to have some health issues. I have a very good job that pays very well and the rumors (most aren't tho) are really floating around there about me. I have been in and out of AA for 3 weeks or so but tonight at midnight will be 7 days on the wagon for me. I cry as I type this because my head/mind is so screwed up. I want my family back and I don't want to lose my job. I was a very heavy drinker usually going through about 3/4 of a gallon of cheap vodka on a day (with a few beer's) off from work and usually would drink about 16-32 oz while I was actually at work and pour down as much as I could after until I passed out. I feel lost and alone. I would have though after 6 days on the wagon I wouldn't still be craving and wanting a drink so bad. I have to force myself into a store to buy groceries or something because I know the alcohol will be there. I do a lot of reading in the AA Big Book and find that very helpful. Anyway I plan to be surfing around here and just wanted to introduce myself.