View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Actually, this is the 'Secular Connections' Forum, where AA / Higher Power Stuff is supposed to be exempt from...but...for it to be a completely PROHIBITED topic would actually negate the usefulness of this as a truly 'Alternate' forum. (If and only if Secular Connections is meant to be an 'Alternate', meaning it may not be viable if it was not an 'Alternate'...So much for extenuated histrionics...)

So...the 'Higher Power' of AA is nothing more than the bogeyman of coming to the realization that my addiction is a never-ending exercise of extreme self-indulgence, self-focused behavior, self-ishness. So...if I am completely indulging 'SELF'...what is the alternative??? To keep justifying Self-Serving addictive behavior? Or to contemplate that maybe my obsession with SELF is problematic? If I do not want to acknowledge this simple 1st step of the realization that I have an addiction......I will just keep justifying that I don't have an addiction...so what is the problem? I justify my behavior, which is my choice.