View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

I'd be tempted (thought I'm not suggesting it) to say "wow, you make this place feel JUST like jr.high"

FB? I think it's a bad bad idea to have coworkers as FB friends unless you are truly very close friends outside of work, and a person you will definitely continue to be real time friends with if the job ends. There are all kinds of reasons to not "friend" random coworkers. Not sure if they is why you are "blocked" or not, but seriously, they are doing you a favor on that one. Coworkers do NOT need to be all up in your business.

This is what I learned to do (I'm nearly 50 and have had many jobs, coworkers and mean girl situations). Before I leave the house. I look in the mirror and ask myself "Who are you?" and then I decide. Who am I? Now who does someone else want me to be, or who they THINK I am, etc. But who am I?

I get to decide, who I am, how I behave, what I feed my mind, the thoughts I dwell on, etc. ME, not them.

They may buzz around my head like irritating flies, but that doesn't mean I am horse dooky!

Rock on!