View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Midlifecrisis

Originally Posted by Hope4Life View Post
I still have times when it is hard to get to sleep but I have developed a strategy to occupy my mind with more positive thoughts.

I suggest that you think about and even write down positive events and favorite places you have been in your life. When you go to bed, think about these events and places and maybe re read the list before you retire for the night. Then pick one of these and revisit it in your mind as you lay in bed.

I try to concentrate on traveling through my favorite mountain locations and visualize the views at the points I stopped at. Sometime's I even look at my travel photo's to refresh my memories. Reliving those good time's can really help remove negative thought's from your mind.

One of the other positive experience's I also use for this purpose is concert's that I have attended. Since I have seen 50 shows since 2009, I will think about one of my favorite's and relive it in my mind. Sometime's I will watch a DVD of one of the band's before bed, with the music playing through my stereo. This allows me to remember the scene at the concert venue and concentrate on the positive feelings that I experienced during the show.

Good Luck and sleep well tonight!
Thanks for that. Yes I need to try and focus more positively that's for sure!