View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AnonK

Unhappy Feeling rejected

I'm so overwhelmed with emotion right now it's not even funny.

It's been two weeks since my (R)ABF ended the relationship in order to focus on himself in early recovery. Although slightly hurt by the decision, I accepted it.

We've had very little contact since then. We talked about the break-up, and I told him that he didn't have to end things. He said it was best for his recovery and I said okay. After every message, he said something along the lines of: "I'll get in touch with you when I'm done with this".

I went to my first Al-Anon a few days later. It kinda gave me some peace because I was able to express some emotions that I had been feeling. I sent him a message letting him know that I understood that his journey would be long and winding, though I didn't understand the journey itself. I didn't want to sit here and act like I understood what he was going through, because I don't. I've not been in his shoes.

I told him that I cared about him, reminded him that he was a wonderful person, and let him know that I was there for him if he ever needed me. When he got the message, he thanked me and told me that I was great and that we'll reconnect when he's back on track.

I accepted this, and moved on... until yesterday.

Don't get me wrong. I've been battling with feelings of rejection from the beginning. But I tried not to take it personally.

However, yesterday, I reached out to him for help (I had a car accident) and he didn't even respond to my text. At all. Not asking if I was okay or needed anything. Nothing. Part of me knew he wasn't going to respond, but it still stung anyways.

I've been dealing with some feelings regarding the relationship already, and this just has thrown me for a loop.

I'm not sure if there's a question in this at all. More than anything, I needed to vent. It's hard to explain.