Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
honeypig

This topic has been on my mind also recently; I have a few things that might be useful:

1. Have been reading Sylvia Boorstein regarding mindfulness; enjoyable, not something you have to thrash thru. Check your local library before spending $ to buy the book(s).

2. Agree with the advice to google mindfulness and meditation, as there is GREAT stuff out there. I have a number of guided meditations of various lengths downloaded on my computer, lovely images and peaceful music, and no cost.

3. For those who are saying they find stillness in movement, I get that, too, as I am a runner. For books, I know of "Running and Being" by George Sheehan and "Mystical Miles: Running, living, beaming" by Paul Vorwerk. The latter may be hard to find but is GREAT.

4. Sometimes having music to be still with makes all the difference for me. I recently bought "Quiet Music" by Steve Roach and "Reiki Healing Music" by Christopher of the Wolves. These can be googled and you can hear clips of the music. These also I found at my local library and listened to for a while before deciding I liked them enough to buy them.

I also agree that everyone may have a different way that works for them, but I know for myself, taking even 10 minutes a day to be still is something I very often don't make time for. I think I need to do better w/this, as all my mental whirling is not getting me anywhere.

Hope there was something in there that someone can use.