View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by midnightblue
Soberlicious - I've heard about Paleo a lot, but still not sure what's the main principle. As for me I need complex carbs like oats, rice, etc, since I work out a lot and need them like source of energy. Maybe I will include some Paleo elements. I think I have to explore more about it.
Lots of athletes eat paleo, especially the cross-fitters. Some athletes do add in a small amount of complex carbs. I work out usually 5 times a week (either running, biking, or cardio/weights) and I eat no grains. For me, it's not about following a plan or specific diet per se, but really paying close attention to my body and what certain foods are doing to it. I have become much more in tuned to how I am feeling (mood, digestion, energy level, etc.) I have noticed in the past that carbs (specifically from grains) and of course sugar, both increase my cravings and my propensity for unhealthy binge eating, and they also decrease my energy level and wreck my mood. But that's just my body's reaction. Everyone is different.

Go Jeni! You'll be surprised what your lungs can do without the butts! I know I was...