View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
jluv83864

Wow. I read the top poem then I went on to read irisgardens 5:43am post. It hit my heart like a bullseye. I grew up being told that my parents weren't alcoholics because they both held jobs, took up to sports and did everything good parents do. However when I got older my friend called my parents alcoholics. I suddenly realized they were. Even more so now, that I know I am addict. However I fell in love with awesome man I've known since first grade. His father was an alcoholic too and quit drinking to regain a higher quality of life when my bf was 18. Anyway my bf and I drank teh first 2 years, then we both quit drinking for 4 years and then he started drinking when our only son turned 1 year old which was 2 years ago. Since then, the drinking has gotten consistently worse and quantity almost doubled. I am scared, I don't know what to do. He doesn't physically abuse me, very little verbal abuse. I am scared of what my son is seeing and what my boyfriend is doing to his body and life. Our relationship suffers because if your passed out, you can't remmeber what I say, what I need, you sure the heck can't fulfill my 30 year old sex drive, you can't hold me when I cry watching a sad movie, you don't know how I feel because a beer is in yoru hand and your sleeping. SAD. I am 30 and I never imagined this would be anything clsoe to my life.
Thank you so much for sharing with us. You are brave.