View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
4MyBoys
My emotional baggage

Scary Big Day Today

Ok, some of you know my story, here is the next chapter.....

So I moved out a year an a half ago. I took minimal items from the house. I finally have a court order to go back to my family home with my attorney present, his attorney present and I just found out a local sherriff ( I will be armed with video camera). I am to go to the house inspect what items are still there so we can start the division of property. We have a 40 acre ranch so it will be quite a bit. He may have had a bonfire with my items, but I need to find out, either way. (PS. he is a Police Officer)

The issue is, I have a restraining order against him and he is adamantly against me going there. He has not spoken to the boys for the six weeks since we got the no visitiation order from the judge. He finally spoke to my younger son last night. I don't know his frame of mind and I am scared to say the least.

Here is the thing though, I need to stand up to him. I need him to know that I will be doing what needs to be done, is court ordered and is right. I might have to get the law involved to make sure I am safe doing it, but D@MN it, I have every right to see if my things are still there. I have handmade items from my great grandmother, my childrens baby photos, etc. I am not going there to see if the big screen tv is there, I would like my heirlooms. I know eveyone is going to say walk away you have your life away from him but I don't think that is always the best course of action with a bully. And I worked just as hard as he did for everything we have.

I just wanted to post because I am very, very afraid. But the time has come. I am done being walked on and pushed around.

4MyBoys