View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
irisgardens

My mother swears to my daughters (one was high on crystal meth when told) that I am the one who has issues...bipolar--and my daughter interpreted it as "crazy" and almost got her rehab to derail me...manipulation is her middle name...and now with her own daughters is labeling me as well...while I have been in therapy and getting better for 23 years...yes...unipolar depression and anxiety...on meds...therapy and whatever I can do to improve myself. It's gotten to the point, where I am simply unwilling to listen to the rot that she says and all while drinking daily...from at least age 50 to age 83. She is probably a narcissist...I say probably, as I don't label unless I know there is a formal diagnosis...and was proud to tell me after Dad died (she was 72) that she was an only child and used to getting "EVERYTHING" she wanted, and proceeded to shun me and tell the family that I have huge mental problems...and now I have no family of origin...it ended when Dad died...and well, there is addiction in my immediate family as well. I am feeling better than I was two months ago...my mother truly has huge problems...and I have had difficulty disengaging...it has taken 13 years for me to detach...she made it easy...she went from being my best friend (& me doing all the hard emotional stuff) when she was 72 and me 45...as Dad died...to not making contact and silent treatment when I did go and making it clear that her values (not anything I had experienced before while Dad alive) were that "children were to be seen and not heard". Really devastating and weird, but I am the only life I can improve. Just always hope that it is not too little, too late.