Thread: New Challenges
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it's pretty natural to want answers when you're worried about a health problem, Bill.

It would be nice if we were all beatific Gandhi types, but that might get a bit boring too

I'm not a saint, but I am sober and I think I do a bit of good in my life. I try to improve but I also like myself warts and all.

That seems a reasonable sort of perspective to me

Hope you get some of those answers, and some good news with it, really soon

D
You sure "do a lot of good in your life" Dee! And you're a very level headed fellow. The bottom line for me (maybe a pun since it's prostate we're talking about!) is that I'd just as well not die a painful death, particularly since, being a recovering alcoholic, I'm not easy to medicate for pain. So I told my doctor that I'd just as well check out with a massive heart attack or stroke in the middle of the night and he reached in his desk drawer and gave me a gift certificate for Dr. Kervorkian (good for one visit). I seem to have mislaid it somewhere. As for the prostate, I'll go for the biopsy but, beyond that I don't think I'll consent to any "heroic measures"! Poor Kervorkian! He's the butt of many a good joke, like the fellow who called him in the middle of the night and Kervorkian said, "Take two aspirin and we'll kill you in the morning!"

W.