Thread: what to do
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
crazybabie

Originally Posted by TML5 View Post
crazybabie- He said I shouldn't go to alanon meetings. Do you think there's a reason why? I went to a family meeting at the rehab he was at and it made me feel stronger but at the same time more angry at him. He's 21 and I'm 25.
I agree with Everhopeful, may I suggest you learn all you can about addiction my experience has been that many people especially young people often do not know the facts, stat etc ( I am still learning and I am 47) but I see many younger people my kids ages they are 2,25 and 22 and they seem to think it is something that is just passing when the sad truth is for most it isn't. Read the other post here that could be your future if you don't get help for yourself it was me for way to many years. You can't save him but you can save yourself.

I have 2 sons who are addicted and my husband is currently in recovery I also have 2 parents who were alcoholics, a brother who is a recovering alcoholic and recovering addict. I had no clue that I could be passing a hereditary gene to any kids I had.

Put you first then the rest will slowly fall in place.