Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Thanks, Jazz,

Your place sounds awesome! I had all kinds of plans at one time, and it was so discouraging to have all those setbacks. I can't even THINK of selling this place until the foundation is fixed, and I know that no matter what happens I will lose money on the house. Oh, well, I didn't buy it for the investment. It is a roof over my head. I'm not in a hurry to move (though I need to get the foundation fixed for "someday"), but I am sick of not feeling at home in my own house.

Oh, and Dreams, I totally get you on the deadlines. They light a fire under me, too. Actually, that is how I am treating my son's visit later this summer--as a deadline. Everything doesn't have to be perfect, and I don't care if the basement looks like an unfinished garage, as long as the main living areas are habitable.

You guys are all so encouraging--I am feeling better already. LOL, in the course of cleaning out/organizing my clothes closets (I actually went from having three overstuffed closets to two that are roomy), I filled one and a half contractor's bags with clothes hangers. I stepped on, and tripped over them every time I went in. I threw out all but a handful of wire clothes hangers and had enough of the plastic ones from the store to put ALL my remaining stuff on. Joan Crawford would be so proud.