View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sudz No More

Originally Posted by seemedrink View Post
You really hit the nail on the head with why I do not want to see a doctor about this. It would result in being treated like a second class citizen by doctors for the rest of my life... and with the way insurance works now, what with employers having to cover more people, it might even effect future employment. There are really good reasons why going to a doctor with this is not a good idea.

I stopped at 12 last night. 14 the night before. Maybe I can taper down, 2 per night, to a safer level (4-6 maybe) and then just stop. But again, I've tried that before and once you're at 6 or 8 the intoxicated mind tries to make up excuses to keep going. Tapering has to be the most difficult way to do this.

I do eat well. I keep myself hydrated and take daily vitamins. I'm at a very healthy weight so it's not like I'm rotting away here or anything as I know some alcoholics have issues with.

I thank everyone for taking the time to respond
You're in about the same boat I was. I did the 12 to 16 thing for years without any problems, ate healthy and kept a good weight. Worked without it affecting my performance. Then out of no where I started getting brain fog in the morning and the first drink would make me get very lightheaded and fuzzy.

I decided to quit and I did taper down to about 6 per day before I pulled the plug for good. I know this much, I was never able to moderate. Once I have one it starts the whole thing going again. Sure maybe for a few days I can keep it to just two or three but before you know it I am drinking past 6 again.

It's not worth it for me to even try to moderate anymore, I have accepted the fact that I can't. I need to be completely abstinent or forget it.

Are you like me or can you just cut back? Only you can decide...