Old 05-19-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bluegalangal

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
/So I am feeling trapped in this squalor. I finally sent an email to a home organizer/life coach from Angie's List. She has glowing testimonials there from clients, her fees seem very reasonable, and she seems to be very nice and non-judgmental. I already got a call from her and we are playing phone tag.

My older son is planning to visit later this summer and I want to have the place at least somewhat under control before he gets here. I want to be able to invite friends over. I want to be able to move around in my own home again.

I can afford the organizer, and once we get things under control, I can afford to have someone come in and clean every couple of weeks.

Anyway, as I said, I have hit my bottom with this situation. I feel better just for having made the call. I spent the weekend cleaning out my clothes closets and I took four HUGE bins to Goodwill. So that's a start. I gave away stuff with tags that I have never worn, as well as stuff I haven't worn in years. It's a start.
You are not alone. One of the reasons I am moving out is because this is our house. Since we moved in 8 years ago, nothing much has gotten unpacked. There are piles everywhere ... The cats can't go in the basement s there are litter boxes in the dining room. And my husband cannot seem to organise anything, he gets stuck in the I have to do x to do y to do z, but he also won't listen to anyone else telling him how to do things... It's hopeless.

I can't and won't live like this any more. I am not sure why he does this, or recreated this chaos, but, I want to have friends over. I want to have a house. I am sad it has to be by myself. But I will be glad, if I can get through it, to have my own space. Up until this house, I had clean neat spaces and I could entertain and so on, and I hope to have that again.

Good for you. You are taking steps to fix it.