View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
gunther84

Yeah notfixable, I say much of what your written indicates if your not yet a full blown alcoholic, regardless of your age, then you will be in the next few years if you continue drinking. I say this because I exhibited exactly what you described early in my drinking career, and my father and brother are alcoholics...me ages 17-thru 19....black outs, regrettable actions, day long hangovers.

As I got older, 20 thru 25 the consequences of my drinking became worse.....drunken fights, flunked out of college, lost relationships...... and then from 26-30....week long drunks, health consequences, DUI's, unemployable, suicidal.

I was sober for ten years, and things got better fast for me. Since i began drinking again, much of my life has gone to **** in one way or another....I had become a pickle, there is no way I will become a cucumber again, there is no way I can ever handle alcohol....

It sounds to me that your in the early stages of alcoholism similar to mine (and plenty others) who are "alcoholic of that type". You can enjoy similar experiences in your future if you continue to drink. Trust me when I tell you, if you stop now you will be better off throughout your life.....take care.