View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
seemedrink

I want to cut back

I understand that I signed up to a forum with a lot of people that went through a lot more than I have. And the automatic response is : go see a doctor and all that. Look, I don't want to be labeled an alcoholic the rest of my life. And I will if I seek help. Just please just bare with me, I'm not asking for medical advice.

I drink about 10-15 drinks a day. Usually beer+hard liquor. I don't want to stop drinking, I just want to drink socially on the weekends, but I can't stop drinking because I fear withdrawal. If I could, I'd stop cold turkey tomorrow.

I've gone 2-3 days without a drink in the past month without no signs of withdrawal. But going into seizures and all that got me scared to quit. I usually drink and go about 16 hours before I drink again. No signs of withdrawl... sometimes 24 hours.

My question is, in your experience and based on what I've said (I'm not asking for medical advice), can I just cut back? I don't want to see a doctor... I don't want this on my record! Yes I have a problem, I admit that. But if I could stop tomorrow I could but I'm just afraid to. And if I do try to stop, will I know if I'm going through life threatening withdrawal?