Old 05-18-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Well, Legend, quite a hard for me to come up with advice since I am not in AA myself, but I will try...

I think those strangers are quite scared themselves because it's challenging for any person to share details about something so personal as addiction. Try not to think about what they are going to think about you ( hope it makes sense), but just as way to get off your emotional burden and pain. Just let it go. Don't overthink, don't feed the fear. Fear is powerless unless you borrow it your own power.

But if it's still so stressful to you, then post here a lot. I used to just live here (still spend a lot time as you can see). Here's a great community, a lot of different threads about hobbies, books, music, etc. Enjoy! And you can always vent out and share your feelings, fears and worries.

Think about some hobbies. There's always something you like. Even though you can't remember it at once. Look deeper into yourself, peel off fear and regrets. There's a great and creative person inside everyone.

To turn to positive side of life is hard work too, but it's worth it, just like sobriety.

Keep posting, we are here for support)