View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
auden67

Your story has a lot in common with mine. Addictive and neuronontypical parents, the physical effects (puffy face, weight gain, tired, rotten stomach, etc.). I finally had enough when I almost drove away my lovely BF and had stalled in my career. I was sneaking drinks, spending a ton, making my mental health worse. I quit almost one year ago, and I don't regret it at all.

I think for people like us it's important to remember that we are sensitive to the effects of all drugs, whether it's alcohol, caffeine, pot, etc. I try to pay attention to my body and no when I am tipping into bad territory. I don't drink alcohol, but even too much caffeine can trigger cravings for some sort of drug. I am learning how to deal with life on life's terms.

The good news is: it does get better. Eventually, you will able to fall asleep without drinking. You will figure out how to spend your evenings sober. You will learn how to work past the discomfort of hanging out with other people drinking. And it will be a good life, and you will be so proud of your self.

Good luck, and definitely keep posting! Itsa life saver, especially in the first few months. Feel free to message me or anything if you have more questions or worries.