View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Please, PLEASE call the DV experts. The stuff involving the children add a whole layer of complication. I know how anxious you are to leave. There is a lot of stuff to take care of and process. I am very concerned that if you try to do it on your own you may be putting yourself AND the children in danger.

Maybe it would be safest for you to transition somehow to a shelter just for a few days. Maybe it's fine to move directly to your new home. But children are very easily manipulated. I have handled a case where, in spite of warnings to the kids, the abuser was able to trick the children into disclosing where the mother and kids were staying and then one child was snatched by the abuser, causing the mother to return home to protect the child. The mother was horrifically abused (think torture) as "punishment." And this was by a middle-class guy who had a prior history of "only" emotional/economic abuse.

You do NOT need to do this on your own. It is much, much wiser and safer for you to rely on experts to help you. Please at least TALK to them.