View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Maylie

I went to a doctor for my addiction and I thought I was in good hands. I was having some back pain and I told him and he said "Here i'll prescribe you Tramadol..it is not a narcotic, you can't get high off it, and you can't get addicted to it".

I will now be getting rid of that bottle after reading your post. I wanted to thank you for basically stopping me from starting another addiction. The doctor I go to knows I was a heroin addict/any type of pain pills addict and I am disgusted that he would prescribe these to me and with a "If I need more before the refill is due just call my office". wow.

Stay strong! Immodium made a HUGE difference when I was w/ding from heroin. Just make sure you don't just take one dose and think it will work I think the back says take it every so many hours until symptoms stop. I also found Gatorade helps replenish you and that it is good to have smoothies or anything easy to swallow since you won't want to eat but you need to eat something or you'll just feel worse. I also took about 500 mg of naproxen (alieve) every couple of hours to try to make the aches and pains easier. Alieve is pretty expensive in the store but a doctor can prescribe the same ingredient in the over the counter at higher doses for $4 even without insurance (I think it was 60 500 mg pills for $4) .

You can do this! I kept telling myself that if I got through it this one time I would never have to go through it again and that really helped me.