View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmNJ

Thank you Nicole87 for your post. I came onto Sober Recovery Site today as my anxiety has been high today. I always remember HALT... Hungry, Angry (frustrated or emotional), Lonely, Tired. I add an "s" at the end of HALT(s) for sick... if I have a cold or allergies are messing with me....etc. So, First, I had some food (that helped). Second, I said out loud, yes, I feel anxious and took several deep slow breathes and paid close attention to my breathe (in and out) 5 or 6 counts in and 5 or 6 counts out..... I accept that I am anxious and will not fight it.... but embrace it..... and do more deep breathes...... I turned on some meditation music that I found on youtube (it is nice to listen to and I continue to practice my slow breathe)...... it is helping. Enjoy your meeting. Get some phone #'s from women so you can call them and start sober phone network relationships.... making a phone call and reaching out to another woman in recovery can help so much.... just knowing someone else is out there and keeping sober too and someone who has had success one day at a time (one minute at a time) (one hour at a time). Next, I will get up and take "right action".... (and not take a drink today.... just for today)..... I plan on getting some exercise in a little bit to help lower the anxiety by going for a nice long walk with my dog and enjoy the cooler air we are having here in my town. Take care. Thank you for posting. It helps to know I am not alone as I stay sober and have anxiety today..... cmNJ