View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nicolej87

Unhappy new and anxious...

Hello everyone, my name is Nicole. I am newly recovering from alcohol. I've made many mistakes in my life, most have included my drinking. Now I really want to stop (I have tried before, but it was under the suggestion of my family). This is only day 2 for me, and although I feel good about this, I have a really unnerving anxious feeling in my stomach. I am attending a meeting in a few hours, but I joined this site so I could have support in between all the other things I must do. I tried out the chat room and enjoyed it. However, I'm still a bit scared and nervous. This high anxiety is probably what got me drinking in the first place! Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been trying to follow this acronym I've heard in therapy before, G.R.A.P.E.S. It stands for G-gentle with self, R-relaxation, A-accomplishment, P-pleasure, E-exercise, and S-social. You are supposed to come up with an activity/thing for each category. I feel like I have some tools, but I need more! Please respond/comment if you have any input. Anything would be helpful!
Thank you for taking the time to read my post
-Nicole