View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kmae89

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
Congrats on your sober time! The beginning is definitely the hardest. I had only minor withdrawal symptoms so I can't relate to how you're feeling now but have you asked your dr if this is typical? It took almost 3 months for my sleep to normalize so I guess our bodies just need time to heal. You're on the right track though & I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you! I feel much happier without drinking. I drank so much I became miserable that my body was relying on alcohol to even do daily activities! But prior to drinking, I already had anxiety, panic, ocd. It has just become so much worse since withdrawal. I have not seen a doctor since detox, so about 10 or so days ago. I do however see a doctor at my counselor's office wednesday. I cannot wait to see this doctor! I just hope they will give me something to calm my nerves, I can hardly get through work with my anxiety so high! I get so shaky when there are a lot of people around or if people are watching me. This never happened before! I assume from what I have read that it is PAWS (post acute alcohol withdrawal)

This has been rock bottom for me, and I never EVER want to go through detox again! I was in this stress center, and you don't get anything in there. All there was, was tv, magazines, and a journal. Also group therapy and all that. We coudn't even go outside! or even leave this hospital unit, which was very small So I know that if I keep reminding myself about this experience, I will not want to pick up another drink again! DO NOT want to go back to square one!