View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Hey guys new here, i tried yesturday but fell but now Its a monday and i have had zero booze all day and will be trying to get an early night tonight!

Anyways my question is, do you feel that you have to fight through cravings every single day? Do you need to be constantly plucking up courage and willpower? Is it always a struggle? I am just hopeful that someday i wont even think about drinking but right now on day 1 ughhhh my mind is telling me go on drink you will feel better! feel like i am going CRAZY!!!!!!
Initially, sure it was a struggle. Alcohol was my solution, and without it I was in trouble. I was also obviously in trouble with it too, of course. Not drinking can be tough working thru the addiction ambivalence, but this will eventually be worked out, sweated out, and whatever else is required for you personally. The only way to know what is required for you personally is to know by experience - and that requires you to quit drinking to discover what works for you.

Quitting is always the answer. Drinking is never the answer. Go with that simple enough start, and then just keep doing the next right thing to discover what works for you, and what kind of help you may need to ensure you don't drink again. Its really that simple, although it often feels like the friggin' apocalypse is happening!

Don't drink, and take a look around, and see what fits for YOU. Don't look back, and keep on going...