View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Me feeling depressed crying into a bottle listening to sad songs thinking about the past and things i cant change
I read something the other day that now sober makes complete sense to me. There was a story about a girl who owned a dog and the dog was tied to a cable run so it could run back and forth all day. One evening they let the dog free from the cable but the dog continued to run back and forth unaware of his new found freedom. He was doing what he had always done.

That is kind of how I felt. I have been running back and forth and never realized all this time that I was free to leave.

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Yeah they do say that booze numbs the tastes buds, i have had that happend to me before, was really weird! Cooking is so great for taking ones mind off things! However, guess what i LOVED doing while cooking? yep that's right a beer at the same time! But this time round i have some american soda or cola which i will drink instead
Booze numbs everything.

I also love to cook and like you had a drink in hand. It used to take me hours to cook because I kept stopping to rest and drink, rest and drink. It seemed like cooking was exhausting and took forever...lol

Not anymore. I just cook and before I know it the dinner is ready! I have to start learning to cook later in the day on the weekends as it does not take me 3/4 of the day to make something anymore...lol