Thread: Not Getting AA
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
shaun00

I don't understand how sitting with a group of people for an hour listening to rants and drunk-a-logues, some of which can be very self-indulgent and/or self-righteous, is imperative to my sobriety. That I must attend as many of these get togethers as possible, or else.
I have seen plenty of people that assumed that to be so.

My experience is, its far from the truth...i assumed it in the beginning and one of two things happened...i ended up drunk, or going slowly crazy.

The book alcoholics anonymous is a book spiritual in nature...it is our program of action to recover from alcoholism ...maybe you have already realized that drinking was a symptom of a deeper dilemma -malady .?

I do not have the power to recover from alcoholism....there is nobody in AA that has the power to recover from alcoholism for you .
BUT there may well be someone there that can show you the action they took with regards to the mentioned book ..and tap into a necessary power which i call god.

Hopefully your sponsor will show you EXACTLY the action they took with regards to the steps within our book.

If i can be of any help drop me a PM anytime...