Old 05-12-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
deeker

Have you done a study ?

According to AA's General Service Office in NYC there are an ESTIMATED 1.4 million members in US and Canada and 2.1 million worldwide as of January 2012. Estimate used because AA groups do not keep nor do they report membership details or numbers. The above estimate comes from a tri-annual survey of AA members. There are NO CONFIRMED members of AA due to anonymity and aforementioned non-reporting by groups. See for official AA report. http://www.aa.org/en_pdfs/smf-53_en.pdf

I like these estimates better. I especially like um cuz I went, took the suggestions, did um, and I am sober and happy! And everyone I know who did the same are sober and are regaining their broken lives. I respect this program because it is spiritual in nature and gets down to the 3 folds of our illness. Drinking was just a symptom of a much deeper problem.

I guess that's why How it works says Rarely Have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path, those who do not recover are people who can not or will not completely give themselves to this simple program.

All Excerpts and Material Reprinted and Linked with Permission Of AA World Services, inc