View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
MustLoveCoffee

joygirl - What are you doing for the "recovery" part of your drinking? Are you doing AA, are you working with a therapist? I think I remember you reading a self help book? I was stuck in a bad case of the "now what's" about two weeks ago. I haven't done much recovery yet, but just knowing that I have a plan and will get there seems to be keeping the dark thoughts at bay, for now. Though I slept awfully last night and woke up to unexpected rain which cancelled my mother's day plan, and I'm kinda having a bit of a moody blues moment now.

duffster - I used to think that PAWS was hogwash, but lately I've turned into a complete and total flake. Within the past week or so, I have no attention span whatsoever and word retrieval in my brain is really spotty too. I couldn't think of "table cloth" the other day. I was saying to my husband "you know, that piece of plastic tarp like thing that you would put on a picnic table? Table cloth!" I think my shrieking "table cloth" may have alarmed others slightly in Big Lots, but finding that word was such a struggle and when I found it, I thought I had won the lottery! LOL

NMS - Congrats on 75 days!

toots - I think my "temporary" sponsor's issue was that she knew that she was going away/going to be extremely busy for the second half of May. She also has her own version of AA that isn't terribly traditional that she doesn't recommend for newcomers. I think between those two, she was pushing me to find someone else "for my own good." She wasn't trying to scare me away so much as to widen my safety net and get me someone who is more traditional in their approach to the program. I just didn't fully grasp what she was talking about and without having found someone else, it was making me nervous that by mid-May I would be alone and back to square one until June. I totally agree with your views on friendship. I'm such a hardfast loyal friend too, that I tend to try to cling to people well past their expiration date, and I usually wind up getting burned by it by forcing a friendship where there is no longer common ground, and then getting angry with the now-ex friend for not coming through. <sigh> I guess that's something else to work on!

Sass - I had 2 1/2 hours of anesthesia back in mid-December. Can I still blame that? LOL

Shoes - nice pic. Is that you with your mom?

northlander - Polar bears are so cute...in photographs...where they're not covered in blood...

Happy Mother's Day everyone!