View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Welcome to SR x

I was in the same position as you-great job, loving relationships etc, but I was sinking fast and I knew it. I'd started to take the odd day off work through being hungover, I'd started driving in in the mornings when I knew I was way over the limit, my work performance was starting to slip. My situation was further complicated by my husband also having issues with drinking. I had everything I wanted in the palm of my hand but it was starting to slip through my fingers and I became increasingly anxious and depressed.

This forum has saved me. I started posting every day. I joined a daily support thread for people who quit during the same month. Nearly a year later, and those people have become such firm friends as we've shared every step of our struggles along the way. We've all used different methods to stay sober..I'm in AA, some have used AVRT and others have found the support here to be enough. Frankly it doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you have that commitment to do it. There's plenty of information here about different recovery methods.

Keep posting. I wish you well x