View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
MustLoveCoffee

Marcher - 7 Happy birthday! Good for you for keeping your thoughts about drinking just that, thoughts.

Shoes & Sassy - My therapist says that mood drives though more than thought drives mood. I'm not sure. I know I can accidentally think my way into a hole that ruins my mood, but I'm not as easily able to think my way out. Of course, when I'm happy, my thoughts don't typically go there. So maybe he's right? Anyway, being low is really awful and it does make me want to drink to escape. I guess I've gotta stop throwing mind gutter-balls.

My coffee with the sponsors went well. The new one will be my "big book step study" sponsor and my old "temporary" sponsor seems to want to stay on now as my "regular" sponsor. I guess that the two of them have seen that work before. It was really nice to have coffee with them. I really feel like I click with my BB sponsor, so hopefully that'll all go well, and it's nice to know that if one is not around if something in my brain explodes and I need help, that I have two people that I can call. So feeling really positive actually.

My BFF through me for a loop last night. Between meetings and doctors appointments and my son's birthday and volunteering at the school, I have been strapped for time and haven't really had much time to touch base with her. She lives too far away to get together regularly, so we usually chat on the phone. She's a very active drinker with an active alcoholic mom and an AA recovered alcoholic dad (divorced). Anyway, she said she feared I "had 'gone program' and decided to cut ties" with her. I had been dodging her a little bit, just because our phone conversations always seem to revolve around her pity party, but it was more that not wallowing in the muck myself, it didn't seem that attractive to pick up the phone and wallow in hers, especially given how little free time I have. Wasn't sure how to respond other than with the truth, I have been talking her, I've just been busy and I didn't even know one was supposed to "cut ties" when they "go program." I was frankly a little insulted, but that's her head game, not mine. Just had to vent that.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone that it applies to tomorrow!