View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Secular/Alternative High Power?

Hi, all.

I am approaching my 7 months sobriety milestone, and I've been with SR all this time. I am not AA member, I am not using some particular method to stay sober. I think it's somewhat a mix of AVRT, SMART, my own willpower, exercising, changing my life, etc.

Now I rarely have cravings, my AV is quite silent.

I'm going through quite hard times now, I am often depressed, my thoughts and worries tear myself apart. I have no wish to dumb it with wine, but I feel like I need some way out.

I hear a lot of people referring to "higher power" in these cases. But I am not religious. Conventional perception of religion and God just doesn't appeal to me. It's hard for me even to pray to my own God because dogma starts to mess up and I end up with even more stress.

Though I believe that there are forces more powerful that our mind and conventional reality. I just can't find my own vision of it.

So, my question is - Do you use some "alternative higher power"? Some power that helps you when all the resources are exhausted and it's unbearably hard to go on in life? Something that grants a fresh and alternative view of life?

I would really appreciate your answers) Thanks a lot.