View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
360shoes

Morning Marchers and Happy it's Friday here but Happy whatever it is for you!

I can't keep up with the bananas anymore...so here's one for everybody no matter what day, week, or month it is!

As time marches on we all seem to be moving through our lives. Even though some days are a little tricky and maybe some of us needed another start....life goes on. At least we are participating in it! More than I could say not all that long ago. I was just a spectator before...watching it all go by...with a really bad hangover...and a lot of feeling pretty bad about myself.

The good parts certainly out weigh the bad now. In fact, the cruddy parts were always there. I just ran away from them. Now at least I face them...granted, some days slowly and not so perfectly but at least I try. I didn't have a job before, I had to care for my parents before, my life was sometimes happy and not so happy before and not much of that has changed. What has changed is me. I don't look at the same things the same way. All of those things look like there are solutions for them, don't look so personal, and definitely don't feel like they will last forever. Chances are high that by next year I'll have a whole new set of problems to deal with and most of the ones I have now will all be resolved and just distant memories. I'll probably just be complaining about my job. Lol

It does seem that now I just need to separate staying the course and living my life. The first is just how I live. The second is just life. In no way a bad thing. In fact, pretty simple. Biggest lesson I learned here lately is to watch my don't give a rat's ass attitude. I can see that if I start feeling like nothing I do is going to make any difference and that its only me who suffers..I'm in trouble. However, that's a crappy attitude to have no matter who you are...a drunk or not. So I will try very hard to remember it does matter. Even little things matter. Little things become big things. Everything matters in someway.

Go grab life by the ears and give it a big kiss on the lips friends!