View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Mattcake

Originally Posted by ex D-Boy View Post
I actually spoke with Matty recently but it was on Facebook (something you should use more often).
Facebook? What's Facebook?

He is doing great, I'm going to tell him to get his butt back on here though.
LOL, mission accomplished.

Originally Posted by smacked View Post

Where's Matty at.. I think he's back somewhere 'round here too.

xx
Hi, pretty one I've missed seeing you. Scotty is prettier though :p

On April 19th of 2013 I celebrated my 3rd year drug free and I am finally happy. I no longer confuse pleasure with happiness.
Congratulations, Scotty. You worked SO hard for this. I couldn't be happier for you.

My moment of clarity came when my own family tried to get me arrested. I was furious , telling them they didn't love me. How could they love me if they were trying to get put behind bars for felony drug charges? My mother simply told me "It was the only thing I could think of to get you to stop destroying yourself and this family, I do not regret it and wish it would have worked"
I remember when this happened! You were SO pissed off, and the rest of us were cheering, LOL. Of course you know how lucky you are to have such a loving, close-knight family.

And a special thanks to a few friends who helped me out tremendously along the way : Felicia, Matty, Rachel, Layna and Ian.
Don't forget Ms. Sook, she set us straight once or twice, LOL. And thank YOU for teaching us a new way to view addiction (at least you taught me several things, that's why I've quoted you in my signature!). Embracing freedom, instead of wallowing in deprivation, that's the way to do it imho.

(...) This forum became my sole support system in the beginning. For a while it worked and I felt like I had finally beaten this terrible affliction. (...) I made a commitment to myself to visit these forums more and give back. This site and the people on it were an essential part of my recovery program and I would love to help others in need so you guys are stuck with me !
I think we all feel the same commitment :-) Knowing that SR is here for us if you need help is always a relief and reassuring, and it's so gratifying to focus on giving back. Paying it forward. "Giving a little bit"

Scotty.