Thread: Hopeless
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by StrugglingMaMa View Post
I have been "trying" to get sober for over 10 years, I have never actually stuck with anything. I am desperate, I don't drink every day in fact, I usually go a week or so not drinking and feel amazing, and then for some reason I decide to drink and I absolutely can not stop, and then I will drink the next day to feel better and again not stop, and then I fall into a horrible depression because of the guilt, which is of course where I am at right now.9 I just want to break this horrible cycle, I feel on top of the world when I am sober, but it never lasts, and then I drink and I feel like I am the biggest loser that ever walked the earth. I just feel so incredibly sad and hopeless. my whole family is suffering especially my children, I am the best mom when i am sober and when I drink I am the worst mom, its disgusting. Because of the kids I cannot find a way to go to meetings, I cannot find any with babysitting in my area (Buffalo, NY). Any advice?
It sounds like it may be time to stick to something.

The folks at AA will be able to help you straighten out your priorities and get to meetings regularly if you want to.

All the best.

Bob R