View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jayden

Originally Posted by Kialua View Post
I was 18 and raising my sisters three kids. I understand the dilema you are in but you play the cards you are dealt. I didn't have any forum or groups helping me with what I should do and my Dad was an abusive alcoholic as well. I continued stepping in with her kids till they were of age in court to request living with their Dad.

Your poor little brother is really going to pay the price, his fate is sealed if the Dad or the state doesn't step in.

What's happening with your brother's Dad? Is he brain dead about the whole thing? Are there any sane relatives that would understand and help you? (I had none)

But no matter how belligerent your Mom gets you have to stick to your resolve and not give her the keys to drive drunk. I would definitely get her the three strikes and get her in the system.

Hang out here with us if you need any further help. Sounds like this is going to be long road in front of you. Bless you for caring about your brother.
Wow, that seems like it'd be quite the job! His dad relies on me to look after my brother while he's at work. I do have relatives that would help me, but they're all tied up in their jobs. I couldn't agree with you more about my poor little brother paying the price, which is why I'm doing everything I can to make sure he doesn't have to go through it too. & if worst came to worst, I'd take my little brother. Which would absolutely shatter my mum.

I just don't understand how she can go from the best mother on earth, to the worst mother on earth all within a few drinks. Thankfully though, she only drinks toward the evening, maybe an hour or two before my brother goes to bed.

I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to cope with doing all of this. I've had to quit my job, move out of my house, (which my girlfriend and I were living in), now she's just living there and I'm running out of money to pay my rent and we still have a month on the lease. I just don't want this to effect my life to the point where I lose everything that's important to me, girlfriend included.