Thread: what do i do?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BubbaBob

You proved you are not alone...

Originally Posted by brattylush
... i am very spiritual, i know i'm disappointing God.. i just ask for forgiveness daily...
God is ALWAYS with you...He is beside you waiting for one thing...for you to ask His help. As you said, you ask daily for forgiveness, and He WILL forgive you, but He would rather help you beforehand than forgive you after, and it is SOOO easy...just ask for help, sincerely, humbly, and it will be given.

God's way of helping is just that, helping us, not carrying us if we don't want to do the work necessary. What work? I'm glad you asked.

1. REALLY want to stop this insanity....not want to stop, or even really want to stop, but REALLY want to stop.

2. Ask Him for help in stopping. He will...I don't promise that, He does.

3. Do the necessary work, that is, get into some kind of a recovery program...I'd suggest AA and the 12 steps.

4. Depending on your financial/insurance situation you might want to consider treatment. I don't know where in GA you are (I'm up in the mountains...Jasper) but there is an excellent program at the Ridgeview Institute in Smyrna. It saved my life. If you go there, you want Dr. Jeffery Klopper as head of your treatment team. Rated as one of the top 5 addictionologists in the world by the American Psychiatric Association. Tell him Bob the Peanut Guy referred you, and tell him that yes, I am still sober (miracles DO happen).

5. Daily thank God for the blessings you received yesterday, and ask that He show you His will for today and that He lend you the strength to carry out that will.

You cannot do it...you and God can.

BubbaBob