View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by MeFree View Post
I thought that after eight months of sobriety, I would be in a better place. I feel like the aftermath of my alcoholism has ruined my life and from that there is no recovery. Financially, emotionally and physically, everywhere I look, I feel that I have lost so very much I will never really be ok again. I have gone through the self pitty and that isn't where I am. I don't want to drink again either, I am just tired of getting up every morning and facing the same trainwreck of a life I created years ago when my drinking got so out of control. I would rather just lay still and let time pass.The ONLY thing keeping me moving is my kids. If anyone has gotten through "this part" while feeling this way, I would really like to hear how you did it. Thank you.
Life always seemed to fall short of my expectations too. I had to learn to quit expecting.

Putting the drink down was just the first move in my recovery process, learning to live sober and serene was (is) the big challenge for an alcoholic like me.

The only thing that I found to work and keep working was commitment to the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous ... and it works like a charm for me.

It could work for you as well if you committed to it. What do you have to lose ??

All the best.

Bob R